Morton West Class of 2024 Freshman Information
Information about registration and processing
Only parents/guardians who are residents of Berwyn, Stickney, Lyons, McCook & Forest View can register at Morton West
Important information to remember
- Registration is required for all students who will be attending Morton West for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Online registration information and login credentials will be sent to parents/guardians in May 2020.
What do I have to do to register for the 2020-2021 school year?
Online Registration: Parents/Legal Guardians must complete online registration via home computer before the deadline of Thursday, June 15, 2020. Families needing assistance should contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Skyward Online Registration assistance will be available on the phone, via email or visit the online registration guide.
Processing: Due to COVID-19, Morton West is currently planning for “virtual” processing for residency verification (if applicable), birth certificate, immunization and physical and dental records. Families will be contacted when “virtual” processing is ready for submission from families.
The following documents will be needed to complete "virtual" processing. Information will be provided to families when it is available.
- Birth Certificate (original)
- Immunization Record, Physical and Dental Record
- Proof of Guardianship – Legal Custody Documents: Court-Ordered Guardianship/Custody (if applicable)
- Proofs of Residency
Laptop Distribution for freshmen students only
- All incoming freshmen students receive a laptop computer
- Parent/Guardian and student laptop distribution date TBA.
Student Course Requests
Parents and student will review their course requests for the 2020-2021 school year in Skyward. Details will be mailed home with “how-to” information from Tim Brodeur, Assistant Principal of the Freshman Academy.
Food Service Application
- July 2020 – Look for mailing from Business Office.
- Information about Student Fee payments and Bookstore purchases (including school and PE uniforms) will be communicated to families and posted to Skyward when available
Freshman Experience Day & First Day of School
- August 12, 2020: Mandatory attendance for freshman students.
- August 17, 2020: First day of school
Beginning this year, the district is contracting with a third-party vendor to automatically verify student address information. The vendor will use a parent's name and address to crosscheck the information against other electronic databases such as utility companies.
For additional information:
For questions regarding online registration contact:
April 24th – May 24th – Mary Beth Arenella – email@example.com
May 25th – August 1st – Shannon Konopasek – firstname.lastname@example.org