Welcome to Instructional Technology at Morton District 201
In this department, you will find a list of courses offered, downloadable resources, staff contact information and promotional videos.
Morton District 201 provides new technology for all students.
Every Student Succeeds
J. Sterling Morton High School District 201 educates all students to meet or exceed the standards of learning by providing educational experiences that challenge, engage, and empower them to be productive members of the global community.
What is Instructional Technology?
Morton District 201 Instructional and Informational Technology Department consists of 2 Senior Network Analyst’s, 4 building technicians, 3 TSI Technicians and 1 Help Desk specialist. Additionally, the Technology Support Internship (TSI) programs are an invaluable asset to the district as students are working to gain life changing certifications as well as providing first level tech support to fellow students and staff. These certifications also serve to make the students career ready as they strive to earn the certifications used in the technology field.For those interested in the nuts and bolts stuff, below are some of the current technologies used at Morton 201:
- 2Gbps fiber optic connections between all buildings to provide for district wide private WAN services and high speed Internet
- 2Gbps Internet speeds
- 10Gbps fiber optic LAN backbone with up to 1Gbps connections to end user devices
- Wireless AC networking throughout the district with a single unified administrative interface using HP / Aruba wireless
- Over 10,000 end user devices to include PC laptops and desktops, tablets, iPads, and Mac OS
- Over 70+ virtualized servers with multiple VMWare high availability hosts and network RAID 10 iSCSI SAN
- Interactive white boards and projectors in every classroom
- Office 365 accounts for all students and staff
Computer Services Director
Instructional Technology Director