J. Sterling Morton High School District 201
Dedicated To Excellence In Education
Welcome to Morton District 201 Physical Education Department!
What is the mission of the Morton 201 physical education department?
Every student will acquire the skills necessary to become life-long participants in physical activities and pursue and value a healthy lifestyle.
What is the vision of the Morton 201 physical education department?
J. Sterling Morton High School District 201’s Physical Education Department believes that every student will learn the foundational skills of physical activity and wellness through movement-centered and knowledge-based activities within a safe and supportive learning environment. Students will be challenged to recognize the diversity of individual ability and participate with respect to those around them.
Our beliefs in the physical education department
- students should have the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills to improve their physical, social and emotional wellness now and for the rest of their lives
- students should learn the positive and negative effects of their decisions in the areas of health, physical education and drivers education
- all students should be given the opportunity to become physically fit and develop their personal fitness program in a positive and safe environment
- as a staff, we are continuously working to align all campuses to assess knowledge and skills of all activities taught
- all students are learners, and we accept responsibility for teaching them through differentiated instruction