2021-2022 Return to School: Full Day In-Person Learning
A notice to our Morton 201 Families
Dear Morton 201 Families,
Morton 201 schools will begin full in-person learning on Monday, August 16, 2021. Students will follow the normal bell schedule posted below. You can find updated school policies in the 2021-2022 student and parent handbook. For any questions regarding registration, building procedures and health and safety procedures, please contact your child's campus. Welcome back, Mustangs!
Health and Safety Highlights for Full Day In-Person Learning
What are the steps that Morton has taken that will support the move to full in-person learning?
These are just some of the precautions Morton has taken this school year that will support the move to a full in-person schedule:
- Hand sanitizer stations in entries, common spaces and classrooms,
- Nearly 80,000 units of personal protective equipment (PPE masks, face shield visors, gloves, gowns, Plexiglas dividers),
- Masks will be available for students who needs them
- Disinfectant spray solution for wiping surfaces in every classroom and in common spaces
- Disinfectant backpack sprayers to be used throughout the schools during midday and nighttime cleaning and any other times as needed,
- Floor and wall directional markings for hallways and stairways,
- Signage throughout the schools to reinforce social distancing, hand washing/sanitizing and face coverings
- Cleaning and updating of HVAC systems, including increased fresh air intake, upgraded filters where compatible with equipment, and running systems two hours prior and two hours after regular occupancy
- HEPA air purifiers for all classrooms, cafeterias, locker rooms and other spaces, as needed
- Everyone must continue to wear masks at all times when indoors
Full In-Person Bell Schedule
How do Morton students follow the full in-person learning schedule?
The intent of the full in-person schedule is to allow students to attend school in person while maintaining CDC and IDPH guidelines for physical distancing. This can reduce the risk of an increase in the spread of COVID-19 to students and adults throughout the community. Each school would be responsible for developing their physical distancing plans for their building. Face coverings for all individuals would always be required while in the school building. This requirement is subject to change as these guidelines evolve.
All students will follow the full in-person bell schedule. The full in-person bell schedule is below:
Morton 201 Breakfast and Lunch Menu
Morton District 201 is committed to providing healthy and nutritional meals to their students and staff. On the foodservice page, you will find the monthly breakfast and lunch menu, faculty menu and monthly posted meal nutrition information. Meals are served on campus to students during the school day. For any students who would like a grab and go option, it is available. If there are any questions, concerns, or allergies, please contact your campus.
Community Mental Health Resources
Resources available during COVID-19 pandemic in Cicero/Berwyn
Who do I reach out to for more assistance?
List of community resources
"Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Coping with stress will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger." This resource from the CDC includes helpful tips on managing stress and anxiety, as well as numbers to hotlines and self-care ideas.
District 201 COVID-19 Dashboard
What is the purpose of the COVID-19 Dashboard?
The data represents the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases and District initiated quarantines among students and staff who are present on our campuses. This data will be updated weekly, every Monday.
Helpful Information for District 201 families
The following are resources to help families during COVID-19. We remind you to wear a face covering in public settings, stay 6ft apart, wash your hands, and sanitize frequently. View more video resources from the Center for Disease Control.