Morton East PE Department
Welcome to the Physical Education Department!
Every student will acquire the skills necessary to become life- long participants in physical activities and pursue and value a healthy lifestyle.
J.Sterling Morton High School District 201’s Physical Education Department believes that every student will learn the foundational skills of physical activity and wellness through movement-centered and knowledge-based activities within a safe and supportive learning environment. Students will be challenged to recognize the diversity of individual ability and participate with respect to those around them.
- students should have the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills to improve their physical, social and emotional wellness now and for the rest of their lives
- students should learn the positive and negative effects of their decisions in the areas of health, physical education and drivers education
- all students should be given the opportunity to become physically fit and develop their own personal fitness program in a positive and safe environment
- as a staff, we are continuously working to align all campuses to assess knowledge and skills of all activities taught
- all students are learners, and we accept responsibility for teaching them through differentiated instruction
Joseph Collins-Director of Physical Education, Health, and Driver's Education